Ever wondered what’s happening with the industry we put our heart and soul into everyday? No? Well you’re in luck…
This blog will provide you with the latest facts and figures on the Restaurant, Hotel and Catering industry and stats that will blow your mind!
Businesses in the industry have adopted the internet as a way of promoting their business and engaging with customers. Have you?
Ask yourself this…
Do you have a website?
Are you currently on social media?
Are you on google maps?
Do you upload pictures of your dishes on social media?
If you answered no to any of the questions, this blog will show you why you need to change and start using social media straight away!
- People use social media to find the most visually appealing dish when sitting in the restaurant.
- 83% of smartphone users surveyed said they use their phones to determine where to eat while traveling.
- A massive 60% of people read a review for a restaurant or cafe.
The stats don’t lie! You won’t be found if you aren’t online.
- 52% of Facebook users say their friends and families photos inspire them to book trips
- 82% of customers place trust in a company that has social media
- 93% of travelers worldwide say their booking decisions are impacted by online reviews
82% trust companies with social media. So, if you don’t have a social media presence, it’s time to act!
- 81% of small and medium businesses use social media
- 37% of social media users use social media to research brands, products or services
- 32% of tweets mention food and drink brands
The industry is changing and so should your strategy!
The industry is changing day-by-day and it’s important to understand the effect social media has on your business.
Consider These Tips!
- Use Facebook, to engage with your audience and create loyalty
- Find customers using social media and by joining groups in the local area
- Create a Snapchat and Instagram to show potential customers the food offered and to engage with both new and existing customers
- Use blogs to gain insight into customer interests
There you have it! I hope you have found the facts and tips helpful. If you’ve enjoyed this, take a look at our other blogs.